Learn About Passport
All supports provided by Community Living Essex County are focused on the goals, interests and needs of each person. With program locations throughout Essex County, we can tailor our fee-for-service opportunities based on your specific needs.
Our professional and skilled workforce strives for excellence in all that we do, and we ensure compliance with all government regulations. Community Living Essex County is proud to have received a four-year accreditation from FOCUS Accreditation in 2014 and again in 2018, demonstrating our commitment to serving people with exceptional needs.
The following opportunities are general categories that describe the types of programs and supports available.
- Community Participation Supports: includes leisure, recreation, skill development, volunteer opportunities and other interests important to you with the support of staff
- In Home Support-based out of your home: flexible and responsive to your needs and interests
- Employment: real work for real pay, including skill development, finding and keeping employment with the support of staff
- Out of Home Respite: flexible services at our respite locations for children, youth and adults to give caregivers a break for a short period of time
- Supported Independent Living: occasional support for people who live on their own, to assist them with preparing meals, managing money, getting out and about and problem solving
- Accommodation Support: supports focused on quality of life and choice provided all day, everyday for youth and adults who live in a home owned by Community Living Essex County
- Family Home Program: families in the community who wish to share their lives and home with an adult who has a disability where they can learn, grow and be active in their community
As well, for a small fee we help families with time-consuming administrative tasks such as coordinating supports, recruiting and hiring workers, managing funds and understanding Passport and Ministry of Community and Social Services guidelines.
For more information please contact:
Shelbey Pillon, Manager, Planning and Technology Supports, 519-776-6483 ext 276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.