Our agency’s highest priority is protecting the people we support and our employees.
The following are just some of the preventative measures in place to keep our staff and people we support safe:
- mandatory screening of every employee and essential visitor at all agency locations, including mandatory rapid antigen testing
- all support workers and essential visitors wearing masks and face shields
- visitor restrictions in place
- ongoing training and education for all employees regarding hand washing, PPE, and procedures for exposure scenarios
- keeping a distance of at least 2 meters between residents and employees, where possible
Community Living Essex County is continuing to work closely with the Windsor Essex County Health Unit, following their guidance on health and safety procedures and recommendations.
As our community withstands this current wave, we continue to remain steadfast in our commitment to safety protocols. The developmental services sector is still under emergency order and the people we support are some of the most vulnerable people in our community. We must remain vigilant to protect them and their support workers.
As our organization adapts to a new reality due to COVID-19, we have been touched by the support we have received from the community. We have received donations of hand sanitizer, face masks, and toilet paper and have even had generous individuals make and donate masks to our agency. Not only are these essential items greatly appreciated, they remind us that our vital services and supports are not forgotten by the residents of Essex County. Thank you.
We’ve prepared a summary of COVID-19 government financial support and relief programs that may be helpful for people we support and families. Click here for more information.
We recognize this is a challenging time for the people we support, our employees and the families we serve. We will get through this together.
We will continue to provide updates on how our organization is responding to and impacted by COVID-19.
Updated: May 11, 2022