On June 23rd Community Living Essex County held our 61st Annual General Meeting. For the third year it was a virtual event.
Sue Desjarlais remains the agency’s President. Two new members were elected and welcomed to the Board: Ian Phillips and Ray Renaud. Ray previously served two terms on the Board and after a year off is pleased to return.
We are honoured and fortunate to have such a vast wealth of knowledge and experience among our Board members. A listing of all Board members along with brief bios can be found by clicking here.
The audited financial statements for the year ending March 31, 2022 were presented to the membership and approved. Our Finance department and our auditors, BDO Canada (Essex office) did a great job working through the logistics of a third offsite audit. We reached a balanced budget with thanks extended to MCCSS for their support and additional streams of revenue for COVID related expenses.
Award presentations were on the agenda this year. It is truly inspiring to recognize those who inspire others. This year recipients were:
- Outstanding Achievement – North Area – Mary Ellen Smith
- Outstanding Achievement – South Area – June Smith
- Outstanding Achievement – West Area – Shane Ruston
- Outstanding Achievement – Central Area – Cassandra Armstrong
- Kevin McMullan Memorial Award – Arley Hutchins & Jason Caravaggio